Monday, March 3, 2008

Snowy Weekend





We spent most of the weekend digging out from yet another massive snowstorm that came through on Friday and Saturday. Fortunately, the kids haven't lost their interest in playing in the snow yet -- Lucy made a whole snow "house," despite her brother's best efforts to demolish it, while Austin and I struggled to dig the cars out. The snowbanks are now officially so high I can't throw the snow up on them anymore! Austin has to do all the shoveling now -- at least toward the end of the driveway. This despite the fact that a frontloader came by a month or so ago, took pity on us, and moved our huge driveway snowbanks elsewhere. So this is only about a month or so of new snow accumulation!




Eight more inches are expected to fall this week. I hope Mom is able to find the house when she comes to visit on Thursday!


Here's the bright side: lots of great skiing for Austin! We are also really looking forward to having company this week -- Mom is coming, and Howard will be in Boston this week so we're taking a trip to the city. And, we are told that spring is eventually coming . . . "mud season" generally starts in mid-March (as all this snow melts into impossibly saturated ground and school buses can't get through on the dirt roads) and then by early April we may see the ground again. I've forgotten what dirt looks like. I haven't seen any since November!