Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Montreal Thaw

Montreal was officially very cold last weekend but for some reason it didn't feel that way. Maybe it's because those Canadians all move underground for the winter -- the network of tunnels and subterranean shopping malls through the city is incredible! Or maybe it's just because they don't acknowledge the cold. Our hotel had an OUTDOOR swimming pool, open in the 30-below temps. So naturally we had to try it. My ears got a little frostbitten but it was fun. While Austin was in his law meetings, the kids and I went to the Insectarium and the Botanical Gardens. Nothing like stepping out of the biting cold into a tropical paradise!

The kids had a wonderful time -- Gavin's favorite part was splashing through the puddles created by the waterfalls.



On another note . . . Lucy's class drew pictures of their parents and this is what Lucy came up with. I guess I'm just glad she knows her parents love each other!