I bought this futon as a bed when I first moved to Philly in 1996. I had just met Austin, and talked him into buying one too, so we could get a two-fer discount. Austin donated his futon to Rob Price's bachelor pad years ago, but we kept mine. We bought it a nice cover from LLBean so we could pretend it was a couch when we were first married and dirt poor. It lived in the storage unit when we went to Germany, then moved with us from house to house in Upper Darby, then up to Vermont. It's been our guest bed for years and lots of people we love have come and slept on it and not complained (very much). I'll miss it a little -- this last vestige of my single, college-student life -- but I'm looking forward to getting something a little more fashionable, and hopefully a lot more comfortable. Since Austin saved so much money on those skis, he can hardly complain when I introduce him to the sleeper-sofa of my dreams . . .