Sunday, November 8, 2009
Hey Dudes!
Austin and I just got back from a weekend at a Dude Ranch outside Tucson, Arizona. Since my sister Christina and Austin's uncle Richard both live on *real* ranches, I never imagined us going to a tourist ranch to be "dudes." But it was a great adventure!

I was there for conference, so I spent most of the (beautiful, warm, dry!) days inside talking about history, while Austin went on hours of trail rides through the desert, on Guiness and Ice.
Me and my horse N.C. managed to get a few rides in during the afternoons.


The food was amazing -- this is a picture of the breakfast spot Austin rode to one morning (while I was in a meeting, sigh.)
It was so nice to get back to the west and spend some time enjoying a very different kind of natural beauty than we see around us in Vermont! It's funny how much it feels like home.