Monday, December 7, 2009

A letter from Lucy

I love my beautiful, smart, exasperating daughter Lucy. She devours chapter books but refuses to eat any food that isn't dessert, white rice, or macaroni and cheese. She adores her little brother even though she isn't always happy with her parents. She is friends with all the frogs, bugs and worms in our yard. Her life is full of emotion and I fear for her teenage years, when hormones will combine with her natural sense for the dramatic.

The other night, when she was supposed to be in bed, she wrote me this letter.

Dear Mommy. I love it in the morning wen I come in your room. And I snuggl you. And thank you for all the time's wen you have helpt me feel beter from sicknes all the way to deth. I love you so much you may not get me what I want all the time. But you will always be my mommy. And by the way you mak ecselent cokies, bronies, cacks, cupcacks, and food. I may not have tride a lot of things. But I bet you $1000000 bucks your coking is good. Wen you are around I alwase feel safe. I love you and I hope you feel the same way I do!

Yes, my sweet Lucy, I certainly do.