How could he NOT be an awesome skier with his new spiky-head helmet? Gavin thinks it makes him look like Darth Maul. (He's never seen the movie, but somehow little boys seem to be born with Star Wars in their collective unconscious.) I think it makes him look like an ankylosaurus. Either way, it seems to have worked its dinosaur-jedi magic today! I am so proud of my two great little skiers and I hope to someday ski fast enough to catch up with them.
Tuesday, March 2, 2010
And. . .he's off!
Gavin officially went off the ski harness today. Now he's a real skier, and boy is he fast! Austin unclipped him and off he went without the least bit of concern, right down the hill after Lucy, leaving his mom and dad in the dust!

How could he NOT be an awesome skier with his new spiky-head helmet? Gavin thinks it makes him look like Darth Maul. (He's never seen the movie, but somehow little boys seem to be born with Star Wars in their collective unconscious.) I think it makes him look like an ankylosaurus. Either way, it seems to have worked its dinosaur-jedi magic today! I am so proud of my two great little skiers and I hope to someday ski fast enough to catch up with them.
How could he NOT be an awesome skier with his new spiky-head helmet? Gavin thinks it makes him look like Darth Maul. (He's never seen the movie, but somehow little boys seem to be born with Star Wars in their collective unconscious.) I think it makes him look like an ankylosaurus. Either way, it seems to have worked its dinosaur-jedi magic today! I am so proud of my two great little skiers and I hope to someday ski fast enough to catch up with them.