Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Summer Vacation

I have officially decided to take the next six weeks off. I'm loving being a stay-at-home Mom with the kids. We've been having a great time together and finding plenty to do.

Like hanging out at the swimming pool.


And building awesome Lego ships.


And playing in the river with friends.





The kids' favorite new thing is playing Harry Potter. Gavin may be the first kid ever to discover that you can fly just as well on a mop as on a broom.


They've also been helping me pick raspberries and make raspberry jam. It's a bumper year for berries. Yesterday we picked enough for 10 cups of mash: a batch and a half of jam. Lucy's a great helper because she refuses to eat raspberries but loves to pick them.


Tonight I put up 18 more pints. As Gavin put it, that's probably enough jam to last us until we die. . . and the blackberries haven't even ripened yet.