Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Random Pictures

The weather was nice last Friday so we put up a new swing in the old apple tree. This makes a total of two swings and a trick bar hanging in a tree which also happens to be perfectly climbable. A natural play structure, and it grows apples too!


This swing goes up and down as well as back and forth. So fun!



The trampoline went back up too. The kids haven't forgotten their favorite tricks.



(Saturday morning the trampoline had 2 inches of snow on it. Such is spring in Vermont.)


We invited the Norwich students over and dyed and decorated Easter Eggs. I can't imagine how anyone does Easter Eggs without feathers and pom-poms and googly eyes!



We tried dying some of our "real" brown eggs too. They don't look quite so pretty. But Gavin was undeterred and made his brown-egg-dyed-green into an army guy.



Last night Lucy and I discussed Anne of Green Gables at book club. The hostess decided it would be fun if we all (including moms!) dressed up like Anne. It was a blast. I wore my German dirndl dress with "puffed sleeves" and Lucy dressed as Anne the Lily Maid with a pashmina scarf as piano cover. (I offered to toss her in the river so she would look just like soaking-wet Anne clinging to the bridge piling waiting for Gilbert to come along, but she declined.) We acted out our favorite Anne scenes. Anne is one of my very favorite books, and I think this was my favorite book club ever. I love having a kindred-spirit daughter with such a "scope for imagination"!