Saturday, October 20, 2012

Lucy's Mystery Party

The girls had so much fun last year at Lucy's mystery party they wanted to do the very same thing again this year. Luckily, I was able to find another Nancy Drew-esque, non-murder mystery, this one about a diamond heist. But Lucy insisted that we had to start this year's party exactly as we did last year's, with a few rounds of Cheeto-head.
 
Shower caps on . . .
 
Plenty of shaving cream . . .

Throwing Cheetos to see how many will stick.

 
After the Cheetos were gone and the girls had worked out all their energy on the trampoline, they came inside to work out the mystery.
 
Sleuth kits.
 
Diamond rings, as part of jewelry store decorations.
 
Working out the clues.


 
Aaaaaand, this is the point where I had to put down my camera and supervise the clues and the scavenger hunt and dinner and cake and the after-dark flashlight search through the field for the missing diamond.
 
We had a "late night" party (I'm not yet ready for a sleepover, especially since Lucy has so many best friends) and ended with popcorn and treats and The Pink Panther movie. I now have a year to recover before we do this again.