Happy (belated) Halloween!
This year I decided that we were spending no money on costumes: the kids could raid their closets and the dress-up box and find something fabulous. They grumbled at first, then got creative. As in years past, multiple Halloween parties and events make it possible to try several different costumes. The ward Trunk-or-Treat and a friend's Halloween party was the first big costume opportunity: Lucy wore her long white St. Lucia gown and went as a ghost, Gavin decided to be a snake charmer. I wish I had pictures of the snake charmer suit but I was away at a conference, and Gav decided the turban was too complicated, so that costume didn't make an appearance again.
Norwich Trick-or-Treat: Lucy was a Japanese Geisha, Gavin dressed up as Bunnicula the vampire-bunny.
The school UNICEF parade. Gavin (here with his good friend Isabel) dressed up as ... I'm not exactly sure what. He wore a backward t-shirt and a bandana.
The Geisha Girl in her final elementary school costume parade.
For Halloween night the ghost made a reappearance, along with a very formally-dressed vampire.
"I vant to suck your blood!"





