Sunday, January 13, 2013

January Thaw

Going to Great Escape Waterpark in January is becoming an essential Gray Family tradition. Since neither kid missed any school in the past four months, we felt we could justify going mid-week to take advantage of cheap rates and a practically empty park. 



For the first time ever, Austin and I found ourselves completely superfluous. The kids had absolutely no interest in us, we might have been potted plants. Now that Gavin is willing to go on all the waterslides with Lucy, they no longer need us at all. Which is lovely -- and disconcerting! Next year, I'm bringing a novel and just basking in the tropical atmosphere. 


Austin kept himself pretty well entertained on the Wave Rider. He got pretty good, but not quite as good as Lucy, who figured it out after one or two runs. She loved showing off her skills.





Gavin and I need a bit more practice. But I did it -- and I have bruises from some spectacular wipeouts to prove it! (Luckily, Austin didn't capture those on film.)