Sunday, March 31, 2013

Snowboarding?

Yep, that's right! My super talented friend Julie, a snowboard instructor at Stowe, decided to try me on a board since I seem to have hit a plateau on skis. She was very patient, and very encouraging, and I had a great time learning. Maybe someday when I become a competent skier I'll switch over -- there is a lot I like about snowboarding!
 


 
After a while I put my skis on for a run, then I gave up and manned the camera while Julie, the kids, and Austin hit the big hills.
 



 
Austin gave up midafternoon, trying to save his legs for marathon training, but Julie and the kids kept going until the lifts shut down. It was a beautiful day to sit out on the deck, enjoying the sunshine and the company of some of my favorite people on the last day of the ski season.

 
Tuckered out!