Sunday, August 31, 2014

Granby Birthday

Forty-four and life to go for this guy!
 
 
Austin decided to let us celebrate his birthday at Granby Zoo in Quebec, the closest zoo to where we live and the coolest zoo I've ever been to. We missed going last year, and we decided this was the perfect way to party with Austin and have a bit last summer hurrah.

 
The aquarium section is always the first one we visit and always my favorite part. Unfortunately, I missed getting a photo of the kids petting the slithery, slimy manta rays and feeding them bits of fish. But I did catch them feeding the Lorakeets, which is another big favorite.




Two years ago Gavin was too scared to take a camel ride. But this year he couldn't wait to go. They both loved this patient, well-behaved, fuzzy-humped camel named Stanley. They decided that riding Stanley was way easier than riding a horse.

 
As a special treat for Austin's birthday, they did NOT require him to go on the Anaconda roller coaster with them. And since Gavin has now reached the requisite height to ride alone, I didn't have to go either! Joy and satisfaction all around.


 
Every zoo should have rides. And a waterpark too, though I didn't get any pictures. Too busy playing in the water with these guys to get my camera from the locker.