It has turned into a lovely tradition to have Sharon and Howard come to Vermont each September. Sharon and I go to the Exponent retreat and Howard takes Austin and the kids to the Tunbridge World's Fair.
![]() |
| Exponent Gala |
This year's Exponent retreat marked the 40th anniversary of the publication of the magazine, so we went the night before to a gala celebration at the First United Church of Cambridge. It was amazing, and so fun to meet some more of the women who started this whole thing in Boston the year I was born. Sharon was our photographer as the board re-created an iconic Exponent photo with the statue of John Harvard in Harvard Square. She managed to get this photo before the Harvard police chased us off. Well-behaved women, indeed.
![]() |
| Exponent Board 2014 |
| Mother Daughter Book Club (MDBC) Team |
Howard was the photographer for the Book Club and BookKids at the Color Run 5K while Sharon and I were away. I was disappointed to miss all the fun, but it sounds like everybody had a great time and nobody was mad that their younger/older sibling got to do it too. Or at least, they got over it.
| BookKids ("Book Nerds") Team |
Gram has been doing a lot of family history lately. She came with hundreds of photographs of family members and ancestors for a family card game. We didn't work on making the game because we were having too much fun looking at the pictures.
It's so pleasant to have Gram and Papa around to hang out with. I love that they are retired and can just come and stay for a few weeks.
![]() |
| Happy #70 a little early, Howard! |





