Thursday, June 19, 2008

Gruß aus Deutschland!

I'm still in Germany, but I'm halfway done! I have been in Augsburg since last Saturday, working mainly at the city library (there's not much in the archive I need for my current project, though it feels strange not to go there every day like I used to do). I am finding some good material on the construction history of the churches, so I should be able to write my article about changes in church art and architecture after the Reformation. I am also finding some really interesting stuff -- like that one of the chapels in St. Anna's church had its internal entrance bricked up so it wouldn't be part of the Lutheran Church anymore, but the chapel continued to be shared by both Lutherans and Catholics until 1750, more than 200 years! I can't wait to find out how they managed it, I hope I can find some more details.

I miss my family, but it looks like they are managing just fine without me! I will be home soon.