Friday, July 24, 2009

Lucy Toothy

Just as it was looking like Lucy would go into second grade with her full set of baby teeth, she suddenly discovered that her bottom front tooth was a little wiggly! She had it wiggled out by evening, so I scrambled to make her a tooth-pouch for the tooth fairy (and check our supply of dollar bills) while she wrote a letter to the fairy. The next day, she spent most of the day wiggling the other one until it came out, too.



She's thrilled, but I'm a little sad. I remember being so excited when she was six months old and those sharp little bottom teeth came in. We would hold her upside down so she would open her mouth and show them off. Now she wants to show off their absence, and she's big enough to protest when I try to hold her upside down.