I have so many things to be grateful for right now.
- I'm grateful that the enormous, football-sized tumor they removed from my belly yesterday was TOTALLY BENIGN. No cancer, not even any "pre-cancer." So I got to keep my other ovary and uterus and stave off menopause a little longer. Yay!
- I'm grateful to live in a society with advanced medicine. I'm particuarly grateful for anesthesia at the moment. Keep that morphine coming.
- I'm grateful for a husband who hasn't left my side since I got out of the OR. He spent all afternoon yesterday feeding me ice chips and keeping me distracted. He even slept here at the hospital last night. That's way above and beyond the call of duty. I love that man.
- I'm grateful for an awesome family. Mom got herself a plane ticket as soon as I told her about the surgery, and she's home spoiling my happy kids right now. Dave and Kara are here too. Austin and Dave gave me a beautiful blessing the night before my surgery and Kara zoned my feet. And Anna and James gave me lots of sweet hugs and kisses. Howard, Sharon, and Sheridan fasted for me from Utah and I definitely felt the love even from far away.
- I'm grateful for wonderful friends. Everyone has really rallied for us. We've had enough dinner offers to last us through Christmas, and lots of people willing to take our kids for as long as we are willing to give them up. I feel so loved and supported.
- I'm grateful to have two weeks free to be able to recover. I have a lovely stack of books next to my bed at home. Can't wait to just sit and vege and read.
I'm looking forward to wearing my favorite skinny clothes again. It's a little ironic that now I have a bikini body but with a lovely six-inch incision down the center of my belly I probably won't be wearing any bikinis anyway.
Thanks for all the support, thoughts, prayers, and book recommendations!