Between piano, the school play, book club, French club, Girls on the Run, and math homework, I thought Lucy was plenty overscheduled for the spring. But she REALLY wanted to play soccer again, and Austin is such a softie when it comes to sports activities, so I reluctantly agreed. We had a chat with the coaches and explained that Lucy could not play in the Sunday games, and they were very cool about that. She has consistently attended all the other practices and games, even in the cold spring rain, and I am very proud of how much progress she has made. She is really starting to figure out the game and be aggressive with the ball. She is enjoying herself immensely and even though she is not the star of the team, she is a great teammate and a good sport.
Update: Lucy scored a goal in her last game of the season! Her team was in a tournament, and because of Lucy's goal her team advanced to the next round (which was on Sunday, unfortunately.) Way to go, soccer star!