To celebrate the fourth, Bruce and Jeanne and Beckett and Axel invited us to their favorite lake beach near Amherst. It also happened to be Axel's eight-month birthday. It was a glorious day with delicious food, wonderful friends and conversation, and a sweet baby for me to hold.
![]() |
| Red Velvet crumbs + sand = time for a swim. |
![]() |
| It's ok Axel. Even big boys get food all over themselves. |
![]() |
| More interested in digging holes than building castles. |
![]() |
| Poor Gavin started to get sunburned, so dad made him wear a hat. Lucy was darling with the little boys. |
We also kayaked across the lake a few times. Which I don't have pictures of, because I was paddling. But I wish I'd got some pictures of Gavin in the yellow boat -- he was paddling tough! I got tired, but Gavin's scrawny little arms just kept going and going.







