Saturday was Lucy's first piano recital.

I told her she should practice her songs a few last times, but she wanted to snuggle her chicks.

And she wanted to enter a three-legged race with her friend Hazel at the elementary school Spring Fling.

And she wanted to win the tug-o-war against the boys.

So she had no extra practice time before we had to be at the church for the recital (though she did have a lovely painted face from Spring Fling).

Still, my girl got up there like a champ and gave a confident and nearly flawless performance. After only five months of official lessons I was very impressed!

So was her piano teacher, Alison Cerutti.

I stayed up practically all night Friday making these cookies for the recital, then packing them in individual bags tied with purple ribbon. OK, I might have gotten a little carried away. But I thought a piano recital deserves classy cookies.