Saturday, August 27, 2011

Granby Zoo

For our final fun adventure before the official end of summer, we met up with our friends the Jagemanns and headed up north to Granby Zoo.
The animals are all in beautiful, spacious habitats. It's so fun to wander around and look at them.
One of my favorite things about Granby is there are lots of ways to interact with the animals. Lucy went on a camel ride and fed a piece of fish to the manta rays.

There's a building full of parakeets that you can feed little cups of nectar. Gavin loved the parakeets.

And apparently they loved him back! He was standing there feeding a bird when it suddenly jumped up on his head.

That was pretty cool.

The parakeets liked Austin too.

They didn't try to land on any of the rest of us. Hmmm, maybe Gray men have a special affinity for birds?

Another thing that makes Granby fun is the amusement park rides. Here we are getting ready to go on the Anaconda roller coaster. Gavin has become a super fan of roller coasters this summer and he couldn't wait to go on this one.

Lucy and Gavin had a blast and I . . . survived. Next year, I'm hoping Gavin's tall enough to go without a parent!

Bumping into each other on the bumper cars. There's a grown-up bumper car ride as well, which Austin, Jason and Lucy went on. I wish I could have got some pictures of Lucy's face zooming around bumping into her dad. And some pictures of her surfing the wave pool at the water park. Seriously, every zoo should have rides and a water park.

I had Poutine -- a Quebec specialty -- for lunch. French fries and cheese curds smothered in gravy. Yummmmm!

But dinner was the by far the best. Our friend Aimee -- who has a cottage not far from Granby -- invited us to stop in for a spaghetti supper. Such a beautiful little place in the rolling hills of the Quebec countryside. I just LOVE visiting Quebec. I feel so lucky that it's only a couple of hours away.