Sunday, September 23, 2012

Exponent Weekend

I so look forward to the Exponent Retreat every year. Just look at these awesome ladies I get to hang out with:
 
 
Rachel and Sarah from Philly days, Rachel's sister Kirsten, and Sharon, my mother-in-law, who came out to participate a second year. Then there are all the other wonderful women not in the photo, who enrich and edify my life on the one weekend a year we get together.
 

Sharon snapped this picture of me chatting with Laurel Thatcher Ulrich. I'm the new official Exponent historian, a post which in the past has mostly involved creating scrapbooks (I am lousy at scrapbooks) but which will now involve taking lots of photos at the retreat and dealing with the archives of the organization, going back to the 1970s. First order of business: decide whether BYU or Harvard gets the archives. Both want them. I'm thrilled that such a project will require me to work closely with Laurel, who is one my heroes.


The horses went home last Monday, but were here long enough for Sharon to get some pictures, and for Howard to get to feel like he was visiting a farm. 


No pics of Howard and Austin and the kids going to Tunbridge Fair and Lucy's soccer games -- but I heard they had a wonderful time together too. I hope the Exponent-weekend visit from Sharon and Howard becomes a yearly tradition.